The Enterprise Manager is a component of Veeam Backup & Replication. It provides automated administration of all servers.
It allows reports to be generated for job execution or on-demand restores. It also offers the possibility to install a Plug-In for the vSphere web client (to obtain information and actions specific to backups).
Many other features are available so searching for files in any backed up Windows virtual machine and centralizing licenses.
Prerequisite Enterprise Manager
It is necessary to respect some prerequisites to be able to install / use Enterprise Manager.
- Processor x86 or x64
- 4 Go of RAM
- At least 2 GB of disk space for installation
- A network connection of at least 1 Gbps
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 SP2
- Microsoft Windows Windows 8.x ou Windows 7 SP1
- Microsoft Windows Windows 10
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016/li>
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008
Roles and Features
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2/li>
- IIS 7.0 or later
- CREATE ANY DATABASE permission on the SQL server/li>
- Full Control NTFS permissions for the VBRCatalog
Install Veeam Enterprise Manager
Veeam can be downloaded from the following URL : https://www.veeam.com/downloads.html
My Veeam Backup server already has an SQL Server instance, so I will use this instance for Veeam Enterprise Manager. On the server where Veeam Backup is installed, run the installation setup. Click on Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager.
Accept the license terms and select the license using the Browse button.
Leave the default choice in Program Features and click Next.
If Windows roles and features are not installed, click Install.
In the Default Configuration window, click Let me specify different settings and then click Next.
Check Specify Following user account then select the desired user using the Browse button. The latter must be a local administrator and have the appropriate rights in the database. Enter the password and click Next.
Select the database server and specify the desired database.
Click Next in the Additional Configuration window and click Install.
Installation is in progress….
Restart the server when installation is finished. A new icon is present on the desktop. Login to access the interface